Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trailer Alert - The Hunger Games (2012)


I forgot to write this up Saturday night when I wrote about One For The Money.  In truth, this was probably the thing I liked best about seeing that movie.  I've seen posters in the theaters for this for a long time.  I have absolutely no idea what the trailer's talking about (I'm afraid I'd never heard of the book until I saw this trailer on Saturday afternoon), but I'm intrigued. 

I've seen similar stuff before.  I've even read a number of books inspired by that old story The Lottery, where people draw lots to determine when they die.  This seems to be more or less a spin from there, although I'm not sure yet why the people who die have to be between the ages of 12 and 18.  Puberty doesn't suck that badly.

Basically, I'm looking forward to this, and I'll be making plans to see it opening night.